Kingdom Tower and Souda Arabia: The Tallest Building in Dubai
Kingdom Tower may shelter from the blizzards of wind that lash down upon Dubai, the planet’s biggest summer oasis, yet its neighbor Saudi Arabia is not so keen on showcasing that it too has the world’s tallest tower. They certainly don’t plan on adding any more feet to this edifice either. So, why all the fuss anyway? Has this kingdom gotten bigger just to impress us? What makes it so big and why does it need to compete with some of the most awe-inspiring buildings that have adorned our great capitals?
The Kingdom Tower
If you really want to read about the Kingdom Tower and its plans for the future then you need to visit Jeddah, the second largest town on the island of Dubai. Situated in the centre of what is undoubtedly the undiscovered Jiddah Island, Jeddah is the commercial hub of the UAE. It houses all the major hotels, restaurants, banks, offices and shopping complexes you will ever find in the entire country. The Kingdom Tower, like the other jeddah towers, is a symbol of the twin wonders the UAE has created – a modern cosmopolitan city and an ancient, almost religiously strictly Muslim society.
The Burj al Arab
The Burj al Arab has been nicknamed the ‘tallest buildings in the world’ by several people. This is partly due to the design and partly due to the current tallest building project in the world, which is the Burj al Arab. However, despite its towering design and its ultimate destination of Dubai, the Kingdom Tower will be a far cry from the Burj al Arab. It will be a mere six hundred and thirty-three feet in height, though its construction has made use of all the latest engineering advances in the industry.
- The Kingdom Tower has the traditional lift system called the ‘ruction elevator’.
- The elevators are fitted high up in the construction of the jeddah tower and travel to the penthouse or the observation deck at the top of the building.
- There the visitor can have a panoramic view of the town, the beach and the Gulf.
These high rise structures have just one exterior wall system – this is called the exterior wall system or facade. The exterior wall system has just two exterior walls, both set higher than the rest of the structure. The exterior wall system is clad with glass on each side and facing the sea.
- The Kingdom Tower was designed by architects who had worked on the taller versions of the Burj al Arab and the Burj el Arab.
- The Kingdom Tower was planned and built by the world famous architect Frank Gehry and his associates.
- The Kingdom Tower’s architects designed the building to incorporate one of the most unique design features of all skyscrapers; the ‘penthouse’ or the highest observatory in all of engineering.
The observation deck at the very top of the Kingdom Tower is known as the highest observatory in the world – and it looks over 1,000 feet into the sky.
Designed to be a permanent structure, the Kingdom Tower will not be moved for twenty years. In fact, the timing for when it is to be demolished is not known. When it reaches the end of its lifespan, it will be taken down and then rebuilt into something else – perhaps a shopping center or even a hotel. That is why it is very important that whoever takes over the management of the jeddah tower maintain and protect the site so that future visitors can experience the great height from which it is built.
- The Kingdom Tower is home to the biggest supermarket in the area.
- This is the reason that the developers of the Kingdom Tower did everything possible to make sure that this unique and extraordinary structure is as comfortable and user-friendly as it can be.
- The supermarket is located within walking distance to the observation deck, making it convenient for shoppers to walk up and down the seven stories.
- It also has a number of different shops that offer many types of specialty foods, including a variety of imported goods, as well as traditional songs.
The jeddah souq is one of the most popular places in the city for visitors who are looking to purchase souvenirs or gifts for family and friends. And because the supermarket is located just steps from the observation deck, it is easy to commute back and forth between the two locations whenever the mood strikes.
The Kingdom Tower and Saudi Arabia
The Kingdom Tower and Saudi Arabia stand as two of the tallest buildings in the entire world – and they certainly are some of the most beautiful. Because the towers are constantly being topped by more high rises, you can expect to see more incredible architectural designs and incredible sights of the planet on a daily basis. You can also plan your dream vacation right in Dubai by visiting these incredible buildings and witnessing this amazing side of the country for yourself. You’ll never forget the experience.
Essay Writing Service
International Relations 1919-1939
Legends With Silver And Magic Bullets
Manuel I Of Portugal. The Fortunate Spice King.
Understanding the Dynamics of Proving Medical Malpractice Claims
Bullies Of The Past: Looking At It From A Different Perspective
Know The Roar
Keep Music Education in Our Schools
- Academic Writing
- Case Study
- Critical Thinking
- Essay Tips
- Essay Writing
- Free Essay Samples
- Free Essay Templates
- Free Essay Topics
- Human Resources
- Problem Solving
- Research Paper
- Review Writing
- Social Issues
- Speech Writing
- Term Paper
- Thesis Writing
- Writing Styles