A Virginia Beach Vacation is Not Complete Without a Visit to These Historic Sites
Virginia Military Institute believes the measure of any college lies in its students’ performances and contribution to the society. Established in 1839, Virginia Military Institute is the oldest surviving state-sponsored military school in the United States. Established for the education of commissioned officers of the U.S. Air Force, the Virginia Military Institute was created out of a need for a higher standard of training among commissioned personnel of the U.S. Army, Navy and Marines. In fact, the first classes were initially taken from Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. With an emphasis on developing leaders, self-confidence and leadership qualities, the Virginia Military Institute is a rigorous standard college.
- Today, the Virginia Military Institute is accredited by the U.S. Military Commission and welcomes over 1200 students each year.
- A prominent feature of the Virginia Military Institute is the “My Day at Virginia Military Museum.”
- Each May, a military aviation museum in Norfolk hosts “My Day with Virginia Military Museum” events.
The Virginia Military Museum has one of the largest collections of military aircraft and displays some of the aircraft that were used by the United States in its two world wars.
The Virginia Military Institute also has a visitor center.
It is located in Norfolk’s historic district on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay. Inside, visitors can find a wealth of information about the institute and its history. The visitor center features a bookstore, an attorney’s office, an auditorium, an exhibit hall and a walking tour.
The Virginia Military Institute also has several historic sites.
Among these are the Old Dominion University campus in Portsmouth, Virginia, the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland and the U.S. Military Academy at Fort Lee, Virginia. Among the museums in this museum are the Hampton Roads Museum, American History Museum, the U.S. Coast Guard Museum and the USS Midway Museum. The Virginia Military Museum also offers a civil war trail walk from its Visitor’s Center to the closest Civil War memorial in Virginia.
Virginia Beach boardwalk is a great place to experience the heritage and history of Virginia Beach.
Boardwalk on the Boardwalk and the Ocean front Walkway has been preserved as part of the Virginia Beach Memorial Park System. These walking trails offer a picturesque view of the Ocean view. The boardwalk on the Boardwalk features many shops, restaurants, bars, gift shops and several entertainment centers for locals and tourists.
- If you want to spend your weekend in beautiful Virginia Beach then a weekend trip to the Virginia Military Institute will be a fun and educational way to end your vacation. You can take a walking tour to the beautiful historic monuments of Virginia Military Institute. You will be able to find information about the historical significance of the institute buildings. You will also have an opportunity to experience military life simulations in a real military base complete with sand play and sandbag football.
- The second stop of your Virginia Beach vacation should be at the Johnson Center for Virginia Military History. The museum offers a collection of military art including a memorial sculpture of General Sherman. The center is located on the grounds of an original Army hospital. The museum is housed in a historic house constructed in undecaded Bath County. The Johnson Center for Virginia Military History is a valuable resource for those interested in the history of the American Civil War.
After visiting the Virginia Military Institute and the Virginia Beach boardwalk, make your way to Roanoke Rooster Cottage, a bed and breakfast nestled on 100 acres of beautiful land.
You will find many hiking and biking trails that take you close to the Atlantic Ocean.
The landscape is picturesque with massive beech trees, wildflowers, and abundant wildlife. This cottage is a favorite place for area honeymooners and families. After a lovely day of walking along the beach and exploring the historic sites, you can relax and enjoy a delicious breakfast or a lovely lunch in one of their many guestrooms.
Professional Essay Writer
RAK Random Act of Kindness
Native American Storytellers
The Key to Being Happy
Preparations for Inclement Weather
The Difficult Task of Learning a Foreign Language
Sort Out Santa’s Reindeer (Rudolph & Pals)
Science and Music
- Academic Writing
- Case Study
- Critical Thinking
- Education Questions
- Essay Tips
- Essay Writing
- Free Essay Samples
- Free Essay Templates
- Free Essay Topics
- Human Resources
- Problem Solving
- Research Paper
- Review Writing
- Social Issues
- Speech Writing
- Term Paper
- Thesis Writing
- Writing Styles