A few days ago
Angela W

How do I obtain a teaching certificate to teach art public schools in AZ if I already have a BA degree in Art?

Are there any government programs?

Top 3 Answers
A few days ago
Sharon F

Favorite Answer

In addition to checking out the ADE certification requirements, you’ll need to select a university/college that will help you obtain that certificate. No government programs that I’m aware of, sorry! Also, are you interested in K-8 primary or 9-12 secondary/vocational?

Not sure what part of the state you are in, but all 3 major universities offer certification programs geared for people with a degree in other areas. The ASU program is called TEACH ME. I believe it’s a 15 credit program and then a semester of student teaching. I have friends that also went through U of A, and NAU. There are also programs through University of Phoenix and Rio Salado College.

Good luck to you 🙂


5 years ago
Call the education department and ask if they have an alternative certification program. It is a master’s program for people who already have their bachelor’s degree. It usually takes 1-2 years to complete.

A few days ago
You should contact the Arizona Department of Education http://www.ade.state.az.us/ which can tell you what is available in your state. If you are curious what the requirements are to be a teacher in your state follow this link for information on teacher certification in Arizona http://www.ade.state.az.us/certification/

Good Luck!!!