A few days ago

If I have family in US, so when I go abroad for studying what fee I must pay or can be reduced?

My family can afford to pay all fee for living and studying in US for me.

Top 2 Answers
A few days ago

Favorite Answer

If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States then you would still pay and be expected to meet all of the costs of an international student.

For how much this is you would have to visit the website for the university you wish to attend as each university charges and expects you to show a different amount of funds as an international student.

There are no fee reductions just because you have family in the States.

You would still be an international student on an F-1/M-1 visa and will be expected to the meet the costs of one.

However, if you will be living with your family, you may contact the university and inquire if this will change the amount of funds you have to show you have available.


A few days ago
My answer is if you are high school level.

If so, there are two ways of doing this. The first is an F-1 visa. This is actually quite expensive and you will have to show proof of financial status. You will also need to reimburse the high school for all expenses related to your education. Depending upon the state, this could be $5,000 – $8,000. In addition, you will need to add in travel, insurance and personal expenses.

The second method is through an exchange organization on a J-1 visa. Here, no proof of financial status is required and the exchange organization fee covers all but personal expenses (with most programs). If you HAVE a family in the U.S. you can do this by what is known as a direct placement. You should first have the family contact the high school to see which programs they accept. Then apply through one of those programs in your country. With a guaranteed host family, you stand an excellent chance of being accepted — unless you have a really bad academic or criminal background.

Hope this helps! Good luck.