A few days ago

How can I get a coolege grant and a housing grant?

I recently turned 18 years old 16 days ago and I am wanting to attend college and to move out in my own place. Because my mom’s house is crowded. I have filled out my FAFSA to go to college but I haven’t heard anything yet from the school’s I applied to. I don’t have a job anymore but I am on the go to find one that will help me some. Anyways I really want to attend college so I can become a counselor so I can help people out with problems they have in their lives. I also would like to go to college so I can help teach special ed kids. Please help me find some grants so I can go t college and to move out of my moms house because I am ready to leave but ain’t hardly got any money to afford a place.

Top 1 Answers
A few days ago

Favorite Answer

The easiest grants to get are from the Federal Government, and if you live in the state of California and are planning on attending a California college, CalGrants.

The Federal Government gives grants based on your financial need. Once you are accepted to a school, the school should send you a financial aid package, with information on how you can pay for your tuition. I don’t remember whether or not there is a mininum GPA requirement for the Federal Grants.

CalGrants are from the California Government, and are for California residents attending a California university/college, which can be a private school, a uc/csu school, or a junior college. This is based on finanical need, and a certain GPA. Again, a school should send you financial aid information.

I’m not sure of any other major grants (I tend to think that grants are more for grad schools and beyond), but there are always scholarships. Try fastweb.com.

In terms of housing, your college may provide housing, it may not. I don’t know of any specific grants/scholarships for housing.

I would really see what schools you have gotten accepted to, because that will really help narrow things down.

Good luck!