Will I get into Stanford with this?
They reject people with SAT’s over 2300.
Good luck though, it is a great school.
500+ hrs of community service
Texas State Mathematics Champion
Various other awards, clubs
Hope that helps, and good luck
– Establishing and providing over $5,000 in funds for an inner-city orphanage in India
– Traveling to Iraq, Lebanon, Gaza, Jerusalem as well as Kenya, Uganda, and Somalia on peace missions
– Working with the Peace Corps, Doctors without Borders, and the Red Cross internationally and domestically to raise money and awareness
– Volunteering in homeless shelters, hospitals, burn wards since the age of 10 (also includes raising $7500 for Tsunami Relief in Indonesia as well as $2000 for Hurricane Katrina relief)
– Teaching sign language and braille to the deaf and blind, respectively
– Serving as a tutor since the age of 9
– Working at a suicide hot-line and built houses for the impoverished
– Maintaining a 5.0 GPA throughout my entire high school career (this was accomplished by having “Straight A’s” as well as taking college classes.)
– Scoring a 2370 out of 2400 on my SATs
– Scoring straight 5s on all 20 Advanced Placement Tests that my (public) high school offered
– Attending Youth Leadership conferences in Washington D.C.
– Winning the school’s MVP in Girls’ Crew and Tennis
– Founding and/or Serving as president for such clubs at my school like the Advanced Physics club, I <3 Pi, National Readers, Science Club, Mock Trial, Key Club Intl., Amnesty International, the Environmentalist Club, and the Asian Club Additionally, I was Valedictorian, class president, statewide artshow winner, officially recognized by the Senate for my accomplishments, and I am fluent in six different languages excluding English (Vietnamese, French, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Punjabi and Latin). I am also an accomplished pianist, cellist, bassist, and guitarist. To date, I've written four published thesises and I am currently writting and illustrating a children's storybook. It actually doesn't matter if you merely take AP tests and are members of clubs-- but unless you show profound leadership, stupendous volunteer work, immense intelligence, and an overall desire and passion to succeed and actually contribute to society, the best schools in the nation won't even bother with you. They want the best kids in the nation who have the ability to balance excellent grades and test scores with those qualities listed above.... Oh, and your question should say, "I have a 4.5 GPA..."
- Academic Writing
- Case Study
- Critical Thinking
- Education Questions
- Essay Tips
- Essay Writing
- Free Essay Samples
- Free Essay Templates
- Free Essay Topics
- Human Resources
- Problem Solving
- Research Paper
- Review Writing
- Social Issues
- Speech Writing
- Term Paper
- Thesis Writing
- Writing Styles