Not to be a geek……..but, do u wanna take a science quiz?
1)Why cant u feel the earth move?
2)Whats da reason day turns into night?
3)Describe an ellipse orbit.
4)Which way does earth’s axis tilt?
5)How does gravity afect da movement of planets?
6)What causes da red spot in jupiter?
7)Which planet has a moon named Charon?
8)What r saturn’s rings made of?
9)Why do some scientists call pluto a double planet?
10)What r 2 reasons life cannot exist on venus?
2. because the earth orbits, and the sun goes to one half of the earth for half of the day, then the other half for the other part.
3. An eclipse occurs when one object gets in between you and another object and blocks your view. From Earth, we routinely experience two kinds of eclipses: an eclipse of the Moon and an eclipse of the Sun.
4. ——- 23.5 degrees
5. the ones with stronger gravity, dont go as fast and it it heavier, while things with less gravity, things float around and go faster.
6. an eternal storm.
9. Pluto and Charon are sometimes informally considered to be a double (dwarf) planet system since the barycenter lies in space between the two bodies.
10. one, there is no oxygen or plants, two, there is no water or food.
i am good in my science class!
and because of this, to us it seems like it not really moving at all
2) easy answer…earth’s spin
(different sides of the earth face the sun at different times therefore causing the effect of day and night)
3) two main kinds of orbits circular and elliptcal (anything non-circular is usually elliptcal or “eccentric”)
another definition: “An ellipse is a kind of oval, but a special one: it has two symmetry axes.”
4) “The axis is tilted in the same direction throughout a year; however, as the Earth orbits the Sun, the hemisphere (half part of earth) tilted away from the Sun will gradually become tilted towards the Sun, and vice versa.”
5) the larger the object (planet) the more gravitation pull it’ll have (the larger the pull the more things around it will be “attracted” to it.)
6) “The Great Red Spot is a persistent anticyclonic storm on the planet Jupiter” probably maintained due to jupiter’s atmosphere.
7) Charon is pluto’s largest satillite or moon
(but just so you know they might have taken away pluto official status as a “planet” due some recent discoveries…pluto is a “drawf planet” according to some people.)
8) mostly water ice, and other debris in the form of “space dust” that rotates around saturn
9) “A double planet is an informal term used to describe two planets that orbit each other about a common center of mass that is not located within the interior of either planet”
(Charon-Pluto have this kind of relationship)
10) first, it’s too hot,
and second, it’s too dry
(not the right kind of atmosphere for most complex lifeforms that currently live on earth) but there’s speculation that other kinds of life could possibly thrive on venus. [mostly microbes and such]
2) because the Earth rotates relative to the sun
3) Egg-shapped, not a perfect circle
4) The north pole is tilted 14 degrees away from the sun in the northern hemisphere winter
5) Each planet pulls every other planet. The moon stays in orbit because it whizzing around the world and being pulled in at the same time. Gravity keeps things in balance.
8) Asteroids, ice, dust
10) Heat, no oxygen
- Academic Writing
- Case Study
- Critical Thinking
- Education Questions
- Essay Tips
- Essay Writing
- Free Essay Samples
- Free Essay Templates
- Free Essay Topics
- Human Resources
- Problem Solving
- Research Paper
- Review Writing
- Social Issues
- Speech Writing
- Term Paper
- Thesis Writing
- Writing Styles