A few days ago

I just passed the NCLEX-RN from Florida but i’m planning to work in Virginia. How can I apply for reciprocity?

What are the requirements in order to work in Virginia since i am licensed in Florida? I’ve heared about reciprocity, is this what i need so that i can work in VA? Will you give me information on how to apply for reciprocity? I hope you can help me. Thank you very much.

Top 2 Answers
A few days ago

Favorite Answer

The Virginia Board of Nursing joined the Nurse Licensure Compact on January 1, 2005, so anyone holding a license to practice nursing from one of those states may also practice in Virginia.

In addition to Virginia, states participating in the Compact are: Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin.

Since Florida is not a compact state, you will most likely have to apply for licensure to practice in Virginia. You can contact the Board of Nursing for more specific information: phone: (804) 367-4515, fax: (804) 527-4455, email: [email protected]

I don’t think Florida generally has reciprocity with other states because they don’t want an influx of retirees or “snowbirds” coming to Florida for retirement, but still working and taking work away from residents who have been there a while.


A few days ago
Gongrats. i think its nation wide. not sure