Do you need to take the SATs to get into an American university?
Thanks in advance.
However, if you want to study design at a program that’s housed in a university, such as Carnegie Mellon, or Syracuse, then yes, as an international student, even if that school doesn’t require the SAT of US applicants, you’ll need to take the SAT.
You can take this exam in the UK.
You’ll need to check the web pages for each particular university/art school in order to determine what they need from international applicants. They’ll tell you if you need the SAT or not.
BTW, some of the best design schools in the world are in NY. I’ll give you a few to check out:
– The School of Visual Arts
– New York University (Tisch School, mainly communications, film and tv)
– The Fashion Institute of Technology (fashion design)
And some that are nearish to NYC, and worth considering due to reputation even if they’re a drive to NYC:
– Rhode Island School of Design
– Carnegie Mellon
– Rochester Institute of Technology
– Bard College
To find out the specific requirements for admission you should find the website for the University that you wish to attend, there you will find all of the details, application forms, fees and requirements to be admitted into that University.
1) A Student Visa – This allows international students to travel to the US to study. You can find useful information here – http://educationusa.state.gov/usvisa.htm
2) SAT scores – This is a standardized test that all colleges require for admissions. You can find more information and register here –
3) TOEFL scores – This test allows international students to study in the US. You can learn more and register here –
To help you pay for your US education you can apply for scholarships. Scholarships are free sources of money that you can use to pay for your school expenses, and you don’t have to pay them back! You can read more about them here:
Here are sites that offer scholarships to international students:
- Academic Writing
- Case Study
- Critical Thinking
- Education Questions
- Essay Tips
- Essay Writing
- Free Essay Samples
- Free Essay Templates
- Free Essay Topics
- Human Resources
- Problem Solving
- Research Paper
- Review Writing
- Social Issues
- Speech Writing
- Term Paper
- Thesis Writing
- Writing Styles