what does pure mean?
If you have a name that is very common – Tom, Sarah, Mary, Jim…… these names have lots of people and their reputations associated with them.
Some people have named a daughter “purity” to mean the baby is pure, has no evil or sin associated with her because she is brand new. Hopefully she will live her life to remain pure.
I can’t think of a boy’s name that means the same.
so basically, a “Pure” name, would be one that has no shame attached to it. If you think of the name of a company that is “Pure” it would have had no legal claims against it for bad practices.
Ivory Snow Soap always used the theme 99.9% pure and thus it would not hurt even a baby.
Barb took the time to give an answer to a lot of different aspects of the question and she did it well. I just want to say that the Ivory Snow commercial quote should have been “99 and 44 one hundredth percent pure”
(comparative pur·er, superlative pur·est)
1. without another substance: not mixed with any other substance
This jacket is pure wool.
2. free from contamination: clean and free from impurities
The water from the spring is completely pure.
3. complete: sheer or complete
a look of pure terror
4. chaste: virtuous and chaste (literary)
5. clear: pleasingly clear and vivid (refers to color, sound, or light)
6. relating to theory: relating to theory rather than practical applications
Opportunities for pure research are increasingly rare nowadays. See also applied
7. of unmixed ancestry: with unmixed parentage or ancestry
8. biology produced by constant inbreeding: produced by continual inbreeding or self-fertilization and breeding true
9. music physics composed of single frequency: consisting of a single frequency without any overtones (refers to sound)
a pure middle C
10. music without discord: free of discord and in tune (refers to a musical tone)
11. phonetics pronounced with one unchanging sound: used to describe a vowel that is pronounced with a single unchanging sound
12. phonetics pronounced without another consonant: used to describe a consonant that is pronounced unaccompanied by any other consonant
so depending on what your name is yeah.
- Academic Writing
- Case Study
- Critical Thinking
- Education Questions
- Essay Tips
- Essay Writing
- Free Essay Samples
- Free Essay Templates
- Free Essay Topics
- Human Resources
- Problem Solving
- Research Paper
- Review Writing
- Social Issues
- Speech Writing
- Term Paper
- Thesis Writing
- Writing Styles