A few days ago
Rehman S

School Transcripts Needed?

I m a GCE A-level candidate, i ‘ve taken my O-levels & A-levels in private (home skooled). Unis in US & Canada (U of T, McGill, Waterloo & such) ask 4 an official transcript, but since i m home skld where do I get that from? Will recommendation letters from teachers & detailed description of my curriculum do?

Top 1 Answers
A few days ago

Favorite Answer

The best thing you can do is contact the international admissions office at these universities and ask them what kinds of documents home school applicants can send instead of official transcripts. Recommendation letters are a must and a detailed description of your curriculum will not hurt, but I’m thinking that they will probably ask for a government issued certificate of school completion (such as the GED in the US) and official grades submitted by your teachers. For more information on these universities, check out the following sites:

Top Universities in Canada


Top Universities in Canada – Part 2