Entertaining a 2 1/2 year old?
Thurs: outdoor games
Sat: learning games
some Ideas that you could do are the Following:
1. Go to your local Library and see what programs they offer for 2 and 3 years.
2. You could take her to the park or playground
3. Look in your County to see if there are any classes that you do with your daughter like “Mommy and Me”.
4.They do have games for 2 and 3 years at the store you could possibly buy one for her and you to play with.
5. Go for a Walk. Put her in a stroller and go for a walk. Children her age love that type of thing and you get some excerise as well.
6. You can finger paint by using Jello Pudding. It’s easy and washable and not to mention easy to clean up.
1. get a clear, white, or black Trash bag one that is big enough to cover either half or the whole table; tape underneath .
2. Let her help you make her favorite flavor of Pudding. If you use vanilla you can put different food coloring in it to change the color if you want.
3. Put some on the table and let her go to town. She’ll love it, because she will be able to EAT IT!
What ever you have her do you should do it with her. I hope these help.
different things to paint with-fingers, cookie
cutters, paint brushes, old toothbrushes, large
marble, sponges. You can also mix a little paint
with bubbles and let the bubbles land on a piece
of paper. Looks really neat.
Tuesday – play dough (there are a lot of homemade recipes
she could even help you make and add her own
Wednesday – park (if it is rainy or cold you could go to a mall
where they have an indoor play area)
Thursday – water play (if you don’t have a water table you can
get a large bowl and cups and spoons; anything
scoop and pour) you can also do this for sand
Friday – you could bake or cook together.
Or make your shopping list together and let her help
with the grocery shopping. (let her count the items
that you need
Saturday – Chalk (she can even make her own with your help)
it is something you can do indoor or outside.
Sunday – movies (let her pick one a few days before to have
it to look forward to it)
Here are some other ideas:
*beans(put some dried beans in a shoe box sized container
with some measuring cups and spoons)
* magazines (get some old magazines that she can just look
*bubbles (fun anytime and cheap)
*small notebook and something to write with.
*stickers and sticker book
* Books Books Books (you can go to the library and get
some “special” books that she has only at certain
I hope this is helpful. I have 3 boys and always looking for ideas myself.
On our lesson plans everything we do coincides with our theme: Books, Art Projects, Sensory Activity–fingerpainting, pudding, bubblewrap, etc., Science/Math, Group Game/Large Muscle Activity, and Music.
If something doesn’t get done one day I try to do it the next.
You could also do one day as a Baking Day–cookies, brownies, fruit salad, etc.
Pick anything that you see in your eyes and teach your kids. For example, so happen you and your kids are on a bus to somewhere, if you see something interesting like “a person spit from the window”, then you can teach her the manner~ (in which what attitude is right what is not). Or, something interesting you read from the newspaper also can be a teaching material.
Learning is anytime, anywhere, besides the materials you can get from the shelf, pick up anything that you see/hear to be the teaching material and teach then on the spot is the best too!
My 4 year old likes look at the cloud and imagine what he saw when we travel by car, sometimes he saw a dragon, sometimes he saw a house 🙂 where his creative flies….
Wednesday: Watch Elmo, Sesame Street, etc.
Thursday: Play games
Friday: Watch Movies
Saturday: Chill Out
Sunday: Swimming Pool
I don’t know, but thats what i would really do. well, except for wednesday. lol
- Academic Writing
- Case Study
- Critical Thinking
- Education Questions
- Essay Tips
- Essay Writing
- Free Essay Samples
- Free Essay Templates
- Free Essay Topics
- Human Resources
- Problem Solving
- Research Paper
- Review Writing
- Social Issues
- Speech Writing
- Term Paper
- Thesis Writing
- Writing Styles