A few days ago

What should i get my masters in? Which is worth doing?

Im thinking higher edu. like working in adminstration at a community college..OR counsl. like a college advisor…..Or should i do my master in social work? WHat do u think? HAve u had any experinces? LIke which pays more is am i more likely to get a job with?

Top 2 Answers
A few days ago

Favorite Answer

The MSW is certainly the most versatile degree. However, it really depends on what you want to do. If you want to work as an administrator this is a different skill set than a counselor. You might want to talk with some different people in these positions and see which one fits you best. DA

A few days ago

I have my master’s in higher education administration, and if I could do it over again I would probably get a Masters in Social work or Public Administration because they are a bit more transferable outside of Higher ed.

It’s hard to say whether you would be paid more as an administrator at a Community college or an academic advisor, it will depend on your level within the institution and how they pay. Usually you can find salary information at least on public schools by checking out their human resources offices.

I would recommend limiting the number of loans you take out for your master’s so that your salary out of grad school is less of an issue. Higher ed is not a high paying field until you are in higher level positions.