A few days ago

US equivalent to UK term ‘graduate’?

I’m looking at a job listing that says ‘You will be a graduate (or equivalent).’

Does that mean hold a degree from a US undergraduate program, or US graduate program? Thanks.

Top 2 Answers
A few days ago

Favorite Answer

It basically means that you must have earned a degree.

It does not have to be from a U.S. university but should be equivalent to one and the degree should obviously be related to the job you are applying for.

In the U.K. to earn a degree you must have graduated from University.


A few days ago
It’s a UK advert?

In that case, it means you need a first degree, i.e. what you get after 4 years of college in the US. Anything higher than that would be described as “postgraduate”.