1. a value must be chosen freely.
2.A value must be chosen from alternatives
3.a value is cherish
A value is a guide, a norm, a principle by which a person lives. There are seven criteria which together constitute an operational definition of a value.
1) A value must be chosen freely. The values that a person chooses freely are the one that he will internalize, cherish, and allow to guide his life.
2) A value must be chosen from alternatives. If there are not alternatives, there is no freedom of choice.
3) A value must be chosen after considering the consequences. Only after the foreseeable alternatives are fully and clearly understood is a person able to make a free and intelligent choice.
4) A value must be performed. A value is acted upon, performed, carried out; it influences a person’s behavior in some way.
5) A value becomes a pattern of life. Values are acted upon repeatedly and become part of the foundation for one’s life. Basic values manifest themselves in all aspects of one’s existence.
6) A value is cherished. A value is something a person feels positive about. As the individual grows toward full development of his values, he derives increasingly greater contentment, satisfaction, fulfillment, and joy from choosing his own destiny.
7) A value is publicly affirmed. A value freely chosen is demonstrated on one’s actions.
I found this by Googling “A value must be chosen freely” and
“A value must be chosen from alternatives”.
Good luck in your studies,
~ Mitch ~
P.S. – These sites appear to be religious-based.
I neither agree or disagree with their statements,
just passing along the information I found which
seems to answer your question. – Good luck.
- Academic Writing
- Case Study
- Critical Thinking
- Education Questions
- Essay Tips
- Essay Writing
- Free Essay Samples
- Free Essay Templates
- Free Essay Topics
- Human Resources
- Problem Solving
- Research Paper
- Review Writing
- Social Issues
- Speech Writing
- Term Paper
- Thesis Writing
- Writing Styles